Monday, March 14, 2011

Biathlon?!?!

As a biathlete (cross country skiing and marksmanship to clarify), I have had to answer some of the most mindless questions in sport. I worked at the Whistler Olympic Park doing biathlon demos for tourists last summer and thought I had heard it all! I was reminded this weekend about people's pure lack of understanding of the sport. Some examples form my past:
1. A woman standing by her car looking around at the Olympic biathlon stadium, "Sooo. Where do they shoot?"
2. A woman trying shooting for the first time, "I didn't know they were aloud guns in Canada!"
3. A man lies down and looks through a screw hole in the butt plate and says, "I cant see anything!"

I could go for days... Biathlon is an Olympic sport and is the most televised winter sport in Europe! The TV ratings are only seconded overall to Soccer. In Europe its bigger than Hockey is in Canada! Here are two biathlon clips...see if you can figure out which ones real!

Sorry this one is just in German, but still an amazing race!

27 comments:

Beau Thompson said...

1st 1 rite?

Unknown said...

1st one's normally how I role.

RootYourDroid.net said...

I pick #1.

Great videos by the way!

ed said...

haha i didnt know canadians were allowed guns also, sorry

Unknown said...

great vids!

T. Banacek said...

It's one of my favorite Olympic sports to watch.

GADAFINY said...

first video funny , f@#k BLACK OPS

Chris said...

First

Robert Fünf said...

I'm going with door number one.

Choms1337 said...

epic vid nice post :D

Malkavian said...

I like the 1st one. The Germans singular technique is Godlike. I have seen a few of this competitions and its great, the endurance that these guys have is astonishing. Didnt know it was almost as popular as soccer, i mean soccer has some crazy fans, HOOLIGANS FTW.

Anonymous said...

Number one

skinned sheep said...

1

great video!

oh and yeah i agree. i should of used more color!

Zakk said...

Biathlons are awesome. Cross country skiing and marksmanship are both really hard, but combined? Insanity!

If you want to follow my blog, there is a link in the welcome text that says "Be sure to Follow along!".

John A.S. said...

I like skiing a lot, like when it's the winter olympics, and they broadcast any sport with skying in it (like biathlon) I always try to see it.

Very nice blog, good luch with the matches!! Surely following

Jay said...

i'm new to biathlons myself, but it looks very fun. :)

Jett said...

This looks intense

Helios Blog Log said...

human machines..i mean...

Elliot MacLeod-Michael said...

Canadians have more guns per capita than Americans. They just don't use them to shoot other people. Pretty unique blog you have here. Followed.

Julien Hakym said...

wow! I'm so thrilled that amazing person like u to add my blog! I just happy & hope u succeded in ur career & do the best for ur country! :-)

Jessica Thompson said...

OH lmfao that was unexpected... First one for sure!!

Alphabeta said...

Biathlon? Is it running hurdles with a bicycle on your back?

baxxman said...

I hate Biathlon. I want to see cycling and they show that shit all the time

Unknown said...

I'm just mostly impressed with how many people read your blog!

TheHarvester said...

since iam german i can actually understand it. helps not too much if you hate wintersports though :D

Jung said...

Biathlon is sweet, and its popularity will only grow.

MxC said...

nice vid!

followed!

http://www.daily-life-of-mxc.blogspot.com/