Saturday, September 4, 2010

First week in Canmore


My first week in Canmore consisted of unpacking, getting settled in my temporary place and racing with the National Biathlon Team in a 15km mass start time trial on Friday. I have been training with my new coach (John Jacques) for four days and started the race with the same guys ill be competing against for spots on the IBU Cup and maybe even the World Cup this season. I shot to my best ability hitting 19 out of 20 targets. I missed the last standing shot on my third of four bouts. With solid skiing this was enough for me to finish in 3rd place.just
behind National Team member Nathan Smith. Olympian, Brendan Green had
a demanding lead. This was a near perfect start to my training here
and proved I was on the level to achieve my goals this year and could
even be a threat for the final world cup spot. I am competing at the
North American Cup next weekend and World Cup Trials are the following
weekend here in Canmore. I am feeling confident with my move and
looking forward to the upcoming races! Unfortunately the team fee for
the first IBU cup will be $4100 and I will be forced to send alot of
letters out asking for support, if I make the team. Thanks for following!

(Picture credit to Daniel Giroux, www.flex-art-studio.com)

No comments: