Monday, January 25, 2010

Off to Sweden for World Junior Championship!


After an up and down week at North American Cup #3 in La Patrie, Quebec, I pushed through some technical difficulties to qualify third for the 2010 World Junior Champs in Torsby, Sweden. On the weekend I started with a third place finish in the 10km Sprint, 29 seconds behind the lead. I started the pursuit on Sunday behind Scott Gow and Joel Pacas of Alberta. I had an aggressive first prone to come into the range for the second shooting 1st, 5 seconds in the lead. I broke my sling hook going into position and was forced to shoot without using my armband. I tried to shoot, but had five misses and dropped into 10th. I finished the race in 5th but came to Sweden with a fire to redeem myself. The first race is on Wednesday and I’m excited to represent Canada and all my sponsors at the International level. This is the highest level for my age in Biathlon, and these competitions pave the way into the senior IBU Cup and World Cups/Olympics. For results and event info you can visit: http://www.biathlonworld3.de/en/events.html/do/showevent?EventId=BT0910JWRLCH__

Cheers

1 comment:

Big T said...

lovin' the updates, Matt... hoping you're having a blast tracksetting (?) at the Olympics -- we're very proud of your work this year